‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Blu-ray Takes the Stage In February

uSp

bohemian-rhapsody-4-700x321.jpg

Bohemian Rhapsody, the box office smash about Freddie Mercury and Queen, is coming home. The Bohemian Rhapsody Blu-ray will hit shelves in February, which the digital copy drops at the end of this month. The biopic received somewhat mixed reviews, with the only consensus being that Rami Malek turned in a great performance as Mercury. But audiences didn’t care about the lackluster critical reaction, and turned the movie into a monster hit.

The general public loves Bohemian Rhapsody, so I won’t spend too much time disparaging the film. Personally, I found it to be painfully predictable and sloppily directed – which makes sense, since filmmaker Bryan Singer was fired for failing to show up on set, and had to be replaced by Dexter Fletcher (Singer still gets the director credit, though). I will admit that Rami Malek’s performance is quite good, and deserves to be in a much better movie.

All that said, if you’re a fan of the rock and roll biopic and can’t wait to add it to your collection, here’s some good news. The Bohemian Rhapsody Blu-ray will arrive on February 12 (along with the 4K Ultra HD and DVD releases). And if you want the movie even sooner, you can scoop it up on Digital and Movies Anywhere January 22.

Special features on the home video release include a featurette on Malek’s transformation into Freddie Mercury, a featurette on the band, and perhaps most appealing of all, “for the first time, fans can experience a truly one-of-a-kind music movie event with the complete ‘Live Aid’ Movie Performance featuring two never-before-seen songs (“Crazy Little Thing Called Love” and “We Will Rock You) packed into a 22-minute collective experience recreating the original event.”

source

• uSp locked this topic