The Scents of Marie-Claire ( 2010 )

CouldnoT

Author: Habib Selmi, Tunisian novelist and short story writer.

Book title: The Scents of Marie-Claire

Publication year: 2010

Genre: Novel

Number of pages: Hardcover, 172 pages

Short description: This novel narrates a love story in all its stages, in all its glorious and inglorious details. Moment by moment we become acquainted with the morning rituals, the desires of the flesh, the turbulence of the spirit, and even a few unattractive personal habits. It is a journey that takes us inside the nuances of what passes between two lovers, from the first glances of attraction to the final words of anger. It is a journey filled with all the hallmarks of the complex relationship between one man and one woman-the mystery and the ambiguity, the intricacy and the confusion-which, in the end, serve to expose its fragility. This is an intimate tale that manages to tell not only the story of two individuals, but also that of the collision of two cultures.

Personal review: It's a was a great time traveling to it's papers and living with it's characters I liked it's smooths transitions between the exciting events. Also, i liked the way that it narrates exactly our simple and peaceful life as Tunisians and let's everyone feel that he's a part of this amazing story, i suggest everyone reading this to read it, you will never regret paying for it.

Edited by CouldnoT