Billie Eilish opens up on dating and past boyfriends: 'I never felt desired'

Ailime

Billie Eilish opens up on dating and past boyfriends: 'I never felt desired'

Billie Eilish interview boyfriend

BILLIE EILISH fans have witnessed the young singer receive quite a lot of criticism over the past year regarding the clothes she chooses to wear, and indeed how she presents herself - now the singer has hit back at critics in a huge interview.

Billie Eilish is perhaps one of the most successful artists of this year. With her recent Grammy Award win, the young singer is due to only get more popular as her career continues. However with fame comes criticism, and a lot of Eilish's critics have mentioned her style.
While the way Eilish dresses certainly does not define her art, she has recently brought the ongoing criticisms to light.

During one of her videos created for her tour, Eilish could be seen stood in a black room while a voiceover explained to viewers that their interpretation of her image was not "her responsibility".

The artist has received great respect from her fanbase and onlookers as she tackled her criticisms head-on.

Now, the singer has done it again in a huge interview with GQ Magazine.
She kicked off the discussion by telling the publication: "Here’s a bomb for you: I have never felt desired."

She confessed: 

"My past boyfriends never made me feel desired," she elaborated. "None of them.

"And it’s a big thing in my life that I feel I have never been physically desired by somebody."

Addressing her critics directly, she added: "So, I dress the way I dress as I don’t like to think of you guys - I mean anyone, everyone - judging it, or the size of it.
"But that doesn’t mean that I won’t wake up one day and decide to wear a tank top, which I have done before."

Later on in the interview Eilish described her style, and why she chooses to dress how she does.

She explained to the publication: "Sometimes I dress like a boy. Sometimes I dress like a swaggy girl.

"And sometimes I feel trapped by this persona that I have created, because sometimes I think people view me not as a woman."
Speaking about her tour video once again, she added: "That tour video was about all that.

"It is me saying: Look, there is a body underneath these clothes and you don’t get to see it. Isn’t that a shame?

"But my body is mine and yours is yours. Our own bodies are kind of the only real things which are truly ours.

"I get to see it and get to show it when I want to."

sursa

• Ailime locked this topic