mxdwn PREMIERE: Wormy Shares Meditative New Single “Big Mountain”

D J C

Wormy-Press-Photo-2021-770x470.jpg

Brooklyn singer-songwriter Noah Rauchwerk premieres his new track “Big Mountain” today, under his solo project Wormy. The single, produced by Nathan Stocker of Hippo Campus, will be featured on an LP set to be announced in the near future. 

The song paints a picture of leaving everything behind, embracing themes of nature and exploration. Leading with atmospheric fuzz, Rauchwerk’s tenderhearted vocals creep in to take a grounded approach to escapism. 

“I wrote Big Mountain at a point where I felt incredibly uninspired about living in New York,” he explains. 

Watch the music video for “Big Mountain” here:

“A few years back, I had about three months of living in this heightened state of anxiety where my brain was racing constantly and I felt like I was sort of floating, with no control of the fear my brain was leading me into,” the artist shares. “I was so afraid of time passing and the inevitability of human existence (really original, right?).”

Lyrics like “Lay a map down on the table / Point out where I want to go” and “I’ll walk until my feet / Tell me they can’t walk anymore,” imagine a recovery, taking fear off of the table and reclaiming control.

“Just seeing new places and understanding that your head isn’t the only place you live is incredibly helpful,” he shares. “Even though I don’t think ditching your normal life and going off the grid all alone is going to fix anything, I think the idea of the possibility of that escape is enough to help me through a lot.”

Source