Timp rămas până la zilele B-Zone

V-am pregătit o mulțime de evenimente. Click aici

La mulți ani B-ZONE!

V-am pregătit o mulțime de evenimente. Click aici

Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Flip 6 Are Impressive as Ever, but Competition Is Fierce

Shirogane

Different views of foldable mobile phones. Decorative background pink and blue glitch.

The new Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Galaxy Z Flip 6 are closer than ever to fully matching their nonfolding counterparts, with better durability, slimmer designs, brighter screens, and lighter weight. Every year we've seen small refinements, but these devices cost more than ever: The Fold6 starts at $1,900 and the Flip6 is $1,100—$100 more than 2023's models.

I'd have expected Samsung to figure out how to stuff its popular S Pen stylus from its Galaxy S Ultra series into the Z Fold series by now, truly turning it into a mini drawing tablet. I assumed we'd see far more apps supporting a multipane layout on the 7.6-inch screen instead of the blown-up version from a normal phone (looking at you, Slack). Or more creative ways to use the screen real estate, something the OnePlus Open excelled at on its first try. Dare I ask for a 5X zoom camera like on Google's Pixel Fold? Even with the folding flip phones, I prefer what Motorola's doing with its larger external screen. Samsung's updates on the Flip 6 seem stale.

Samsung is even offering a free replacement screen protector on its folding devices if you scratch the internal screen one year from your purchase date, or a reduced $200 screen repair price if you crack the display two years from the date you bought it. That helps remove some apprehension when dropping wads of cash on a phone with a hinge. The Flip 6 continues this impressive build quality, though I wish there were an indented lip to more easily open the device with one hand (I don't have long nails, so this could be a me problem). I find the external screen on the new Razr+ more useful and easier to navigate, whereas you need to do more work to customize the Flip 6's cover screen to get what you want. Samsung has added a vapor chamber to dissipate heat and cool the Flip6 during intense processing. But on my day out with it in the Paris heat (around 80 degrees Fahrenheit), snapping pics and using Google Maps, I got a notification telling me the device needed to cool down.

SOURCE