Koi to Uso (2017-)

J.Cole

Series title: Koi to Uso (Love and Lies)

Production years: 2017 - still running

Genre: Anime (romance, slice of life)

Number of seasons and episodes: 1 Season with 12 episodes

Running time of an episode: 24 - 25 minutes per episode

Short description: Lies are forbidden and love is doubly forbidden. In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government. People don't have to go through the trouble of looking for someone, and everyone accepts that the country will find a compatible partner to make them happy. Yukari Nejima (main character) is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But within him, he hides a heart burning with passion. In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?

Personal review: Series with romance and comedy are what made this anime so good and the absolutely unique system in how their life partners are selected by the government itself. This was one of the first anime I ever watched, and after that, I'm a fan of this genre of anime. It is such an under-rated anime, and I recommend it to everyone.

• D J C locked this topic