Input Lag while shooting or C-Bug or C-Shot

D J C

I have an enormous input lag while shooting in GTA: San Andreas, particularly with the C-Bug and C-Shot techniques. Now, I do use the Bloody L65 MAX, which is certainly one of the greatest mice around, so obviously, this should not happen that often. I have noticed some delay between pressing the shoot button and the actual weapon firing. It affects your aim and timing, making most advanced techniques hard to execute properly. I have tried many solutions ranging from adjusting the settings of the game itself to hardware troubleshooting, and that still didn't go away. I need advice on how best to tackle the problem so that my gameplay can get better.

Input lag can be seen if you have a bad monitor like a 60 or lower hertz and you need to adjust it, you can adjust the settings from mouse in windows mouse settings and also could be from your mods idk what mods but you need to remove them one by one.

It's a common problem on this game, you have to understand that it's a 20-year-old game, and on today's PCs such problems can appear between the game and the user, you can't do much about it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tupi said:

It's a common problem on this game, you have to understand that it's a 20-year-old game, and on today's PCs such problems can appear between the game and the user, you can't do much about it.

Thanks for pointing out that GTA San Andreas is 20 years old, but it has also survived into the modern era where the players have mastered C-Bug and C-Shot on high-end setups. In itself, their existence shows players adapted the game far beyond the original design. I mean, I am not expecting a 2004 game to run like a 2024 one. At the very least, though, I'd expect that there are tweaks and solutions out there that can at least help minimize the input lag, if anyone else has advice that's not from the Stone Age, I'd appreciate it!

This is exactly what I expect from my game, and just to clarify, here's a clip on YouTube as a sample:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxt5ioNkXHfRTrbcyY6hINORO-9CKbtqI7?si=oykqhS9GeEPJpxQt

So far, it is @ SideLo VIP  who has the most helpful comment that may help in improving my situation but has not quite fixed it 100%.

Edited by D J C

On 8/20/2024 at 12:15 AM, D J C said:

I'd expect that there are tweaks and solutions out there

There are mods indeed, but its kinda hard to diagnose what is causing that problem so firstly try playing on 60Hz (If it gets fixed then you found the problem of course and install "RefreshRateFix" to play on higher Hertz) 

second thing I can recommend is downloading 3-4 modpacks (make sure to avoid virus or suspicious modpacks)
test all modpacks as they have several mods installed already
choose best mods from all packs and put them in 1 modpack that you're gonna play with

• Tupi locked this topic